Grape Varietal: 100% Chardonnay
Growing Region: South Australia Wine Regions
Chief Winemaker: Grant Burge

Grant Burge has a rich understanding and respect for each vineyard - of which is a large number, and is a proud ambassador and caretaker of the Barossa & Eden Valley wine regions. Grant oversees all aspects of wine production from vineyard management to winemaking decisions to ensure the best expression of site and varietal. Grant believes if the right varietal is grown in the right soils, and is well managed to crop low to moderate yields.

 

The vines will produce the premium quality fruit needed to produce exceptional wines - and this ‘Summers’ Vineyard Chardonnay is a prime example of this phlosophy. Named after the family accountant and long time friend 'Myles Summers' and from the vineyard of the same name, located just a stone’s throw from the cellar door. Grant has also selected fruit from prime cool climate vineyard sites in the Eden Valley and Adelaide Hills, including his ‘Summers’ vineyard located in the Eden Valley.
When each parcel was deemed ready for harvesting, the fruit was chilled and whole bunch pressed, with 85% of the wine fermented in a combination of new, one, two and three year old French oak hogsheads. The remaining 15% was fermented in stainless steel tanks at controlled cool temperatures to maintain natural freshness. Also 10% of this wine underwent malolactic fermentation to soften the palate and add extra complexity. The oak matured component was aged for 8 months, with regular lees stirring to enhance the palate structure in the blended finished wine.
In the glass as you pour, you will have a pale gold colour. On the nose this wine has complex aromas of apples, white peach, nectarine and nuances of mildly roasted almonds. This Chardonnay is well balanced, with ripe stone fruits flavours, a creamy mid-palate texture from its time on lees all supported by a solid core of lifting acidity which combine to give this wine excellent length to the finish.
This 2013 ‘Summers’ Chardonnay has 12.0% Alc. Chill gently and serve at 8-10°C. 

A layered, complex Chardonnay with an approachable nature.

CELLARING POTENTIAL:
With only a minimal amount of decanting - drinking well this coming season; plus will age nicely for another 3-4 years. 

SUGGESTED FOOD MATCHES:
Perfect wine pairing with roast pork, bbq’d or grilled chicken and mild cream pasta dishes, rich vegetarian cuisine and with aged creamy cheeses - enjoy.